Monday 14 October 2013

Welcome to the Mad House

New blog! Exciting stuff.

Welcome to my brand new blog thatweegothgirl.  I'm Emma Kathryn and I write horror and dark fantasy.  But now, dear reader, I'm taking to writing for young adults and teenagers.

In case you've never read any of my stuff before, you don't have to worry, just trust me that it's usually pretty weird.  I've written several horror stories which have been published in American, Canadian and Australian anthologies (and yet none in Scotland, hmmmm...) and have also published a superhero novella independently through Kindle.  I'm currently working on a comic book with a fantastic American artist but this isn't why you're here, is it?

Instead, you're hopefully here because you're interested in my fiction for young adults and are curious as to what I'm all about.  You are exactly the type of reader I'm looking for and who I hope will keep coming back.

My plan for this blog is a simple one.  I want to document the writing process for my first ever series for young adult readers.  It doesn't even have a name yet, just an idea.  It's about a girl, who's a little strange, travelling to the north of Scotland in the search of her father.  If I'm going to talk teacherly, it's about identity and finding out who you are.  Or, if I'm going to talk about the things you actually want to hear about, it's going to be chock full of fantasy stuff.  Fun times.

I'm one of these annoying people who takes a crap-load of pictures of random nonsense so wait until you see all the rubbish I'll fill these posts with.  First up is a sneak peek at the notepad I'm using to take notes for this series in.  I'm a bit of a Tim Burton fangirl, hence the notepad:


It looks tidy right now, what with the little post-it tabs on the side and the cover still looking pretty but give it a few weeks.  I'll keep posting Notepad Status Update as you see it looking scabbier and messier and "well-loved", which is what I'd much rather call it :)

Anyway, we'll leave it there and see how things go.  Be sure to follow me on Twitter and keep checking for news.  I'll keep leaving updates and little snippets of writing and I look forward to hearing from anyone reading these posts.

Stay spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment