Thursday 17 April 2014

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder...I Hope

Okay, so six months ago I started this blog and then hopelessly abandoned it.  I am a bam.  Apologies.  Things are going to change and I'm targeting for at least one post a week (preferably two).

So let's get started.

Project Update:

My initial project is plodding along nicely.  In attempt to motivate myself, I'm working on a silly little Diary-format mini-novel in the hope to start a bit of a buzz.  It's called "Dead Diary" and is based in a school for the recently deceased.  Think Beetlejuice meets Monster High.  I'm really enjoying working on it and am using Camp NaNoWriMo to push myself through it.


I've got 3 chapters in the bag so far so I'm going to haul my butt through it and start posting little snippets as soon as possible.  The story follows Lissa - a fifteen year old girl who dies suddenly and is approached my a stranger who takes her to a boarding school for teen ghosts in an attempt to stop them from going mad in the afterlife.

It's kind of fun.  I'm liking it.  I've never written in diary entries before so that's something new.  The main character is starting to really click with me, too.  She's sassy and scared and dealing with lots of terrible stuff but is still determined to be herself.  In a few chapters, I'll probably totally lose control of her and she'll become her own person like so many of my characters do.  Either way, we'll see how it goes.

Expect an excerpt in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment