Friday 18 April 2014

Research is Key

My YA novel is plodding along nicely but I'm working my butt off on the research front.  As Dead Diary is a high school ghost story, I'm going to be devouring 2 different forms of research - YA novels and haunted house movies.

So this blog marks the first in a sequence of posts - Researchorama.  I'm going to be reviewing every YA novel I read this year and writing up a little quick reaction to the horror movies I watch, too.  To start it off, I'm going to stick up my haunted house list I'm going to try to watch and feel free to add to it in the comment section:


  • The Haunting (original and remake)
  • The Orphanage
  • The Innocents
  • The Woman in Black
  • The Sixth Sense
  • The Others
  • House on Haunted Hill (original and remake)
  • Ghost
  • The Innkeepers
  • Paranormal Activity (as many as I can stomach)
  • Poltergeist (yay!)
  • The Grudge (original and remake)
  • The Ring (original and remake)
  • Memento Mori
  • The Shining
  • Silent Hill
As I watch each, I'll mark them off and write them up.  I will also be doing Tweet-alongs on my Twitter feed as I watch them, too.  So feel free to follow and contribute where you can.

Apologies for these first few posts being thoroughly boring.  I'm just getting back into doing this!

Sweet dreams

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment